INDIANAPOLIS' PREMIER INDOOR TRAINING SYSTEM
BUILD: January 1 – February 8
BUILD PLUS: February 12 – March 22
RACE READY: March 26 – April 19
All classes are 90 minutes long.
CLASSES AT MARIAN UNIVERSITY: PAUL J NORMAN CYCLING CENTER
INDOOR TIME TRIAL SERIES
January 20 - results
February 3 - results
February 17- results
2017 results: All 2017 individual times
- WHAT? A race against the clock on a pre-determined 10km (6.2 mile) rolling Computrainer course (same as all previous years.) View your wattage, speed, cadence, and other metrics – set goals, gauge progress, and push yourself towards early season achievements!
WHERE: Paul Norman Cycling Center at Marian University (3200 Cold Spring Road, Indy 46222 - back of campus near baseball field, east end of Oldenburg Hall)
WHEN? Three race dates. First individual wave begins at 7:30am on each day. Pre-reg ends at 12 NOON the day (Friday) before each TT. Start times will be assigned based on pre-reg and posted on Facebook [Power Booster], and Twitter @wattspot, and emailed to all participants the day prior to each event. Day-of registrants will be assigned the first available openings after pre-registrants are finished. Walk-in participants should arrive at least 30 minutes before the final pre-registered wave is set to go off. Doors open for first wave warm-up at 6:30am.
WHAT TO BRING? Bike, riding clothes, cycling shoes, towel, water. We provide warm-up area on TruTrainer rollers. Racing will take place on an eight-rider Computrainer system. Eight riders will race in each heat.
TEAM TIME TRIALS: Teams can be minumum two, maximum four riders. One registration necessary at team price; please email us with your team name and rider list.
PROCEEDS: All proceeds directly benefit the Marian University Cycling program. THANK YOU for your support!
PAST INDOOR TT RESULTS
- MASTER RESULTS: ALL TTT's - ALL Individual (includes all individual TTs, men/women/juniors, from 2010-2015, sorted by category and then by time)
POWER BOOSTER (tm) is Indianapolis' premier indoor cycling studio, a high-tech indoor riding and coaching program put on by Marian University Cycling for the Indianapolis community. Founded in 2006 by Marian University’s Head Cycling Coach Dean Peterson, the popular indoor cycling training series enters another year of preparing Indy-area cyclists for a full season of training and competition through an established system of workouts that take place inside on state-of-the-art Computrainer© units. The advanced indoor multi-rider set-up allows the riders and coach to monitor, via digital screens, individual power (wattage), speed, distance ridden, caloric expenditure, and other metrics. A small-group setting of eight riders at a time allows coaches to see individual data and hone in on each rider’s specific training needs while riders are coached through designed workouts to build power and form on the bike.
The drills and prescribed cycling intervals are designed to increase cycling-specific efficiency, power, and overall output. POWER BOOSTER is great for those with spring/summer racing goals, triathletes, or those that just want to get into shape and lose some unwanted weight fast and effectively! The series of classes works as a cohesive system to increase power and prepare riders for the summer season through pedal efficiency drills, specific output intervals, and feedback from coaches, who are experienced cyclists in the community
The established system of workouts can be found at the Paul J. Normal Cycling Center at Marian University. In addition to the indoor studios, POWER BOOSTER is proud to provide neutral warm up for Indy Crit, Mass Ave Crit, and other local events in our partnership with TRUTRAINER ROLLERS, a Indianapolis-based manufacturer of premium bicycle rollers..
POWER BOOSTER is ideal for riders with spring, summer, and fall racing goals, triathletes, or those that want to get into shape and lose some unwanted weight fast and effectively, building a solid base of endurance tempo while also beginning higher-end lactate threshold work. In the 2012 Build classes, riders gained an average of over 8.5% lactate functional power- about 25 watts!
POWER BOOSTER is:
- A fully-instructed indoor cycling training program designed to increase cycling-specific efficiency, power, and overall output
- An established system of workouts that takes place on an eight-rider Computrainer system and uses each rider’s individual power output as the guiding metric
- A system that includes pre- and post- class 20-minute power tests which can directly show the BOOST of power from the class
POWER BOOSTER is not:
- A spin class
- A series of stand-alone classes that you can pick and choose when to come
- An open group ride where you can do your own thing
- Only for serious bike racers. It is for any cycling enthusiasts, including women and juniors, who want a indoor training option
Frequently asked questions
- What do I need to bring to class? Yourself, your bike, water/hydration, a hand towel (recommended), and a willingness to ‘go hard’ to achieve the goals of the workout. We also have a changing area and access to showers, if you want to bring casual clothes for after the session.
- Is there anything special I need to do to my bike for the Computrainers? No. We have the steel skewers necessary to mount your bike (although you can use your own) and any road tire will work. Our instructors will help you to set up on the trainer and learn the calibration process.
- How will the classes be structured/will a workout be provided? Each session is structured with a warm-up, skills section, and intervals, which everyone does together. Each rider does a power test at the beginning of every POWER BOOSTER session and then receives a zone card with power zones so that you can hit your individual targets in each and every part of the workout.
- What if I can't do the workout? (Workout is too hard?) We encourage everyone to do his or her best to stay on target with each workout. Every rider has his or her own individual power zones, based on the power test, that guide you to the right amount of output and push you to grow as an athlete. Our instructors will help guide you and encourage you to complete each park of each workout in the correct way.
- Can I pick and choose when to come, a la carte style? We ask that you commit to (by signing up for) an entire four or six week session (two workouts per week, Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs) and follow our plan to gain maximum advantage from the POWER BOOSTER plan. While we understand that things come up and you may have to miss a workout, we encourage you to commit to the entire structure. If you miss a class for some reason, we are flexible and will try to hep you find another class to make up.
Paul J. Norman Cycling Center at Marian University - 3200 Cold Spring Road, Indianapolis - back of Oldenburg Hall, across from baseball field
EMAIL: Student Managers: Sam Winters and Hannah McDade
swinters123[at]marian[dot]edu and hmcdade197[at]marian[dot]edu