MAJOR TAYLOR RACING LEAGUE 2017
THURSDAY NIGHT RACING: Racing begins at 7pm unless otherwise noted. Every Thursday May 18 through September 7 (except for June 29). See full schedule for race type.
MIDWEST CHALLENGE: June 23 & 24, 2017. Regional level event for cat 1-3 men and women. Over $4000 in cash prizes available. Mass start and timed events, and keirin.
TEAM PURSUIT SHOWDOWN (3nd Annual): held in conjunction with Indy Crit - July 7, 7pm.
SATURDAY SPRINT SPECIALS:
- JUNE 10 - 200m TT, 500m & 1km TT, and Keirin (State Champs)
- JULY 15 - SPRINT TOURNAMENT (State Champs)
- Keirin: Saturday June 10
- Match Sprint: Saturday July 15
- TT and Team Sprint: Thursday July 13
- Mass Start events: Thursday July 6
- Madison: Thursday July 20
- Team Pursuit: Friday July 7
- Individual Pursuit: Thursday June 8
CURRENT POINTS STANDINGS FOR TRACK RACING
2016 Final Points Standings (September 8)
ICX points do not correlate to or contribute to USA Cycling upgrade or ranking points.
Points awarded each night, per category, regardless of categories offered for the racing that evening.
Categories: Men Pro/1/2, Men Cat 3, Men Cat 4/5, Women Pro/1/2, Women Cat 3, Women Cat 4.
State Championship events (TT, mass start, and sprint tournament) will be DOUBLE POINTS.
Throw Down Thursday nights are scored as an omnium, considering place finishes in individual races to assign overall placing. Each separate cat 4/5 field (per night) receives a set of points. DNF = 20 "place" points (for omnium scoring purposes). DNS = 30. DQ = 99. Riders who mix groups receive points in the group they finished the MOST races in.
Riders do not transfer any points with them if they upgrade during the season.
Timed Event points:
team events (TP, TS) do not count for individual series points
riders competing in multiple events only receive points for their top place finish (ie, no rider can receive more than 1st place points (60) for the night)
riders can compete in an distance they wish, but riders competing in multiple events will only receive points for their top place finish based on category within a distance (ie, no rider can receive more than 1st place points (60) for the night
Multiple riders could receve "top place" points in a category - ie, two (2) cat 3 women who each win an event (one wins 2km, one wins 3km) would both receive top cat 3 points
- Point scale is as follows: (place - points)
1 - 60
2 - 40
3 - 30
4 - 25
5 - 20
6 - 18
7 - 16
8 - 14
9 - 12
10 - 10
11 - 8
12 - 6
13 - 4
14 - 2
15 - 1
- Final standings tiebreaker criteria:
- 1 - highest number of different events points were scored in
- 2- performance in State champ events
- 3- most recent events participated in
- 2016: Midwest Challenge
- 2016: Thursday night results
- 2016: Sprinter's Delight (match sprint and keirin)
- 2015: Fast Friday Finale 28 August
- 2015 IN / KY State Championships
- 2015: Team Pursuit Showdown
- 2015: Midwest Challenge regional track event
- 2015: May 29 training race
- 2015: Thursday night results
- 2014: Midwest Challenge at MTV (National Track Calendar; June 13-14) - RESULTS